Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Stared at Her Blankly (The Fated Lovers 3)

Hers is a tale of morbid desperation
Searching for forlorn love in a waylaid station.
We reached each other, briefly, at university
But in highschool is when she set her eyes on me.

Her eyes were green forests set in a world of pale skin
Her hair, ablaze, and smooth as rose satin.
When we kissed, her lips trembled with a hint of fright
Her tongue darted about, looking for a brief respite.

From what she needed a break, I shall truly never know
For she kept her secrets and pushed them below
What did surface from that soul sounded like horror
Her heart filled with holes by a barbarian borer.

She told me a tale so strange, yet so true
About a day, long ago, under a sky of blue
There was a picnic that day, with a grill
But that fortuitous feast was interrupted with a cry...
So shrill.

The coals spilled over in a freak occurrence, so gruesome
The flames moved over to a group, a young infant twosome
The fire spread out to a girl aged twelve thousand days,
They all too quickly took her soul in a scorcherous haze.

My brief lover's eyes grew misty as she related this tale to me.
She extended a hand to my leg, and then to rest on my knee.
I stared at her blankly, never fully understanding
Until this day, that seems so gruesomely demanding.

You see, the young girl who had perspired,
Who met her untimely end on an impromptu funeral pyre,
Was of relation of my lover, so brief.
It was her great aunt who was devoured by Death's sharp teeth.

She was close to the man who witnessed the flames, long past
Her grandfather lived with a pale memory that sailed eternally,
In his mind and soul, on a ship with a black mast.
Well, he lived his life as a sage, nonetheless,
He died of old age, with this he was blessed.

I stared at her blankly, never fully understanding
Until this day, that seems so gruesomely demanding.

With his passing, my brief lover was struck
With a feeling of guilt, she was left alone...with no luck.
Another person she had known had again passed
She rested her hand on me shortly,
For a moment that was not meant to be passed

She related yet another tale to me
Of a brief interest of hers,
Who smiled with charming glee.
He was not mature, but constantly youthful
I wish I said he had a filling life...but I have to be truthful.

He loved to dance in malls and public spheres
This charming man, hopped into a car in his late teen years
He was planning on visiting the local mall
To dance with poise and grace at a rather impromptu ball

His party of revelers sped to the interstate
Where our handsome dancer met his fate
A car intersected with their baller's carriage
And our happy reveler never saw mariage.

He used to dance in a way that was tasteful
An awkward teen, trying to be smooth and graceful
His dance did not end when he was struck in the car
For he salsas eternally on the wink of a star.

I stared at her blankly, never fully understanding.
Until this day, that seems so gruesomely demanding.

With all of this pain, death, and strife
It is no wonder my brief lover has a hard time connecting
In this mortal life

We parted ways then, briefly, but she made various and sundry call,
Crying desperately in her mother's shower stall.

I listened to her blankly, never fully understanding,
Until this day, that seems so gruesomely demanding.

She talked on that phone and complained of her strife
Telling me she had her pale hand on a knife
It was late and I began to sleep
From the darkness, the pain from her had leaped

From the knife to the thigh, sliced the cleaver
My brief lover, she had let Death deceive her
Mephistopheles made her think that death is an end
Instead of a beginning of a wonderful mend

A mend, a fix, of many relations
That never had time, in mortal occasion
For Death may be an eternity,
But that forever has others waiting, as you will see.

My brief lover, how I wish you can know
Why you need to not worry about Death and emotionally grow
For there is plenty of time left for forever you see,
So please live your life, enjoy your mortality.

No comments:

Post a Comment