Thursday, March 26, 2009

See You Around (The Fated Lovers 1)

Alright folks, sort of new to this. I've been writing for about three weeks now and came up with three parts of a series. Here's the first one.

See You Around

I see you around a lot these days,
Your sing-song voice lilting in a burned out haze.
Your blank, blue eyes often stare at me,
Reflecting the day that seemed an eternity.

It was late in the year, the month of Fall,
When we met in a park, all the leaves falling...all.
You brought your cattledog and I brought a smile,
That was hoping for a moment, worthwhile.

As we ascended the hill with its mud so wet,
You unleashed man's best friend, your pet.
We talked about everything yet nothing at all,
Our voices faint whispers carried by the winds of fall.

Your dog ran circles around us as we climbed up the fort,
Wooden and silent with planks long and short.
You climbed up to the top with no hesitation,
then I traversed the rungs, my hands aquake with trepidation.

We sat surrounded in that heavenly park,
Surrounded by silence, only interrupted by a playful bark.
While we sat together on those planks erected long ago,
You told me something you thought I ought to know.

Some heady thoughts about the Industrial Revolution,
And how you thought it was the source of our current pollution.
Your words were boring, but I was entranced just the same,
Just to hear your singsong voice lilt from the mouth of your heavenly frame.

We spoke some more, as you well know
And the presence of Autumn was graced with soft snow.
Powdery flakes that flew wonderfully and clear,
You turned to me, smiled, and said, "Let's get out of here."

You leaped down from the fort with no hesitation,
I gradually fell, my legs aquake with trepidation.
Your voice lilted then in an intoxicating haze of snow,
As you leashed your dog, "Hey, Fido...time to go."

We walked circles in that country park's leafy lanes,
Confused by the blizzard's oppressive strains.
We perpetually marched it seemed...for hours..our voices never speaking,
Off in the distance, I can still hear that wooden fort vigilantly creaking.

It creaked and it cracked until we found our way back
Back to the place from where we embarked,
An empty gravel lot, where our cars were parked.

After I hugged you goodbye in that snowy fog,
You smiled, laughed, and put away your dog.
You joined him too quick, or at least I have found...
Shortly after saying, "I'll see you around."

I see you around a lot these days,
Your sing-song voice lilting in a burned-out haze.
Your blank, blue eyes often stare at me,
Reflecting the day that seemed like an eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment